Improve Brain Power With Brain Foods
Many students take a TACHS Prep to get a satisfactory TACHS score. The Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools or TACHS is a requirement to get admittance to Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of New York or the Diocese of Brooklyn/Queens. Looking for the most excellent resource to get ready for this crucial test could be challenging and probably stressful with the added pressure of passing the test.
It is then crucial for students to make necessary preparations and ready themselves for the exams and pass test. However, getting ready doesn’t only mean hitting the books, but also making sure you feed your body the right nutrition for your brain to function well.
Food For The Brain
The kind of food you eat could either affect your body in a positive or negative way and could impact how your brain functions as well. It is then important to be aware of how the different types of food affects your brain function so as to choose the right ones to better your memory, power up your focus and pass that test.
Without the proper brain fuel, you’re most likely to feel irritable and not have the right focus you need. So what types of foods are best to power up your brain?
- PROTEIN helps the brain to send messages to your body as well as helps in creating brain chemicals to better your mood. You get protein from meat, poultry, eggs, fish, legumes, seeds and nuts, lentils and dried beans, soy and dairy products.
- ANTIOXIDANTS could help defer or even stop certain effects of brain aging. Get antioxidants from vegetables and fruits, berries and juice from pomegranate juice.
- OMEGA-3 is said to help the brain to work harder as well as enhance mental health. Get it from oily fish, flax oil and flax seed, eggs, chicken and beef.
- DIETARY CHOLESTEROL help create the cells needed to send massages to the body. You get this from egg yolks and dairy products.
- MONOUNSATURATED FATS could better your memory as well as help the brain to work a bit harder, faster, better and stronger. Get this from nuts, avocado, olive oil, peanut oil and canola oil.
- CAFFEINE (in moderation) coffee, tea and dark chocolate when taken in moderation could help refresh your brain and add to your focus.
- WATER. By now, we should know that water is crucial to keep the body and the brain in great shape.